Thursday, February 19, 2009

Introspective questions....

Am I a serial killer?

Is death OK?

Alright before I get flagged by the government as a psycho, I must clarify. these are questions I ask myself when I watch Dexter and Six Feet Under. Both show deal with death and or killing in a very different and strange way. Yes, they are mainstream media, but they seam more real in their dealings with death.

Six Feet Under revolves around a funeral home and the dealings with death and grief. Dexter is about a serial killer who kills other criminals. Some might find these shows dark and graphic. I on the other hand, find them real and gripping. I have watched these shows with care and feel closer to the characters. That doesn't mean I'm a serial killer or a undertaker in training. It means the shows have sucked me into a world that seems real. I love these shows, but would never let them affect my judgement.

I have come to the conclusion that I have a personality that is mainly apathetic. If I care about something (the Cubs, Dexter, editing, or Kristi) then I immerse myself in those things. If I don't care about something (reading, musical instruments, MySpace, or Rachel Ray) then I won't give it a second look. Is this shallow? Possibly, but luckily for me, that is something I don't care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment