Monday, August 30, 2010

Slowing down....

It is what these blog posts have been doing, and also what I am trying to do with my time. One of my ultimate pet peeves is people who assume they are busier than you are. I mainly feel this way because busy is a state of mind and it's different for everyone. One man's busy is another gal's slow. But I have been trying to enjoy some things while trying to work and workout and attempt to help plan a wedding. Below are a few of the things I am enjoying at the moment.

Just took in Season 4 of Dexter in a two day span. And the show was seriously a gut punch followed by a body blow every single episode. I vouch for the show since it's start and feel like it does get overshadowed at times. Sure it's plotting and pacing is uneven. But every show has it's own ebb and flow. Needless to say this season leaves you rather sick at the end. All of the prior season had some sort of flicker of hope at the end, whereas this one was a kick in the cords. I will be viewing the season again sometime soon, but was rather spent after the dire subject matter and John Lithgow's bare ass. Not sure which one will give me more nightmares.

Going to attempt to expand my horizons a bit in the next few weeks and take in some lesser known movies. The Kids are Alright is on my list, mainly because all reports are the acting is fantastic. Can't go wrong with Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo. Also want to see The Tillman Story, which is about a documentary on the fallen former NFL player. Sounds like it is extremely somber and focuses on his family and their loss. I have read a bit about it and look forward to the talks about the government cover up. The guy was killed by friendly fire, and it took the better part of 5 years for the news to come out. Will almost certainly be a tearjerker.

And to conclude with my slowing down theme, I have actually been reading a work of fiction lately. It's a zombie novel, but so far I have enjoyed it immensely. I forgot how soothing it is to just turn everything off and read for 30 minutes. It helps when you enjoy the subject matter, but ultimately it just takes you to your own world. that is certainly something I have been missing lately.

2 comments:

  1. I hear that my friend. I've read more in the last year than probably my entire life. It has helped keep me sane. Too bad our rendezvous didn't work out. I'll be sure to call some time this week. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see Winter's Bone, but now it isn't at the Sundance Cinema in Madison anymore and I'm pissed. I just read "The Last Juror" by Grisham, but now I'm on to The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. Im tryin' to git smurt readin' nonficshin.

    ReplyDelete