Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inagurated Out...

That is my current state of mind. I am tired of political talk. Talk is cheap, actions are what get things done. I feel this way and I VOTED for the guy. I am not naive enough to think that things such as the economy and international relations get fixed in two weeks. However, we have had three solid months of hype for President Obama and I think it is time to let it go.

I realize I am a white person and I truly can never understand how all African-Americans feel. And had Hillary Clinton won, I would not have been able to understand how all women would have felt. But, I view President Obama as our new president. Not our new black president. He is a man that stands for change. And with that change should be the loss of all political racial talk. He is the president, plain and simple.

In an unrelated and happier note, pitchers and catchers report in 30 days and Opening Day is in 75 days. The shadow of baseball season is upon us and for that I can be thankful. With a new season comes hope, optimism, and fresh sunflower seeds. And of course, the thought of a Cubs World Series appearance dancing in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment