Monday, December 14, 2009

What a blur....

Seriously, my emotions are spent. It has been a great week and many things have happened. So in a pre-tv show recap, here is the week that was.

Saturday- My birthday started with a lunch date with Jeffrey. That's right I called lunch with a dude a date, big deal, want to fight? We enjoyed the usual laughs and had a good time watching the third amigo, Lane, announcing the UWW football game. It was fantastic and kudos to The Park Tavern for the best damn potato skins I have ever eaten.

Wednesday- Received word that I was in the running for a final job at Clear Channel. I needed to go in on Friday to meet with their sales people and do one last pseudo-interview.

Friday- Went to said interview and really tanked it. I was just in a funk and thrown by having to meet with 11 people instead of 4. Needless to say, I was not pleased with my performance. Downtrodden, I went home and waited until they called to inform me of their decision. Kristi came home and I finally got the call at 4:30. It was a good call and I was selected and had the job. Big news, good news. We ate some food and got ready to go to our charity ball at her school. We got ready to leave at 730ish and that is when I took her hand and asked her to marry me. After a dubious pause and a couple Vitale-esque "Are you Seriouses?" she said yes and there was much rejoicing. Bigger news, more important news. We took pictures and then went off to the ball where we stayed for just an hour before coming back home. Went to bed, because it was a hell of a day emotionally.

Saturday- We went to the Mall of America for some Christmas shopping and just to get out. Discussed wedding things, not too in-depth but just talking. We then went to dinner at Nick's place and had some delicious treats. Steaks wrapped in bacon should be on every menu in America. We then went to a comedy show about the holiday season. Very funny, but a little long and once we got home at 1 AM, we once again collapsed into bed.

Sunday- Got to be bums for awhile and just hang out and chat while watching some TV. Only the Vikings game was on local TV. That's right their two biggest rivals, the Packers and Bears, were playing each other and they were not carrying the game. Instead I was treated to the holiday classic, Jingle all the Way. "Drop zee Turbo man doll!" We later went to the Holidazzle parade downtown, because what better way to spend a day that never hits 8 degrees but outside watching lit floats. We went out to eat afterwords and it was delicious. They had a mystery beer for $2 and I gave it a whirl. They bring out a can of Milwaukee's Best, and in my head the little people are dancing. We wound down and once again were absolutely bushed.

So there it is. The play-by-play to a hectic ass week with truly awesome moments. I will blog a little later this week once I start the new job, and hopefully it will not be this heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment