Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What Up.....

Just chilling out at work and perusing some blogs, all the while noticing that I, myself had not updated the blog lately. So here are some random musings rolling around in my head.

NBA Free Agency-
I am officially sick of it. You know why? Because NBA players are babies and quite frankly the sport bores me to no end. Every NBA game is the same. No one plays hard for 40 minutes, and then somewhere in the fabric of the game, 8 crucial minutes come by that decide the game. I can't handle that. Play hard the whole time you spoiled babies. And LeBron can take his no-ring having ass and go play anywhere he wants. He still won't get respect from fans. Sure fans like him and respect his talent, but they really don't laud his winning ways. I have a feeling he ends up in New York with Stoudamire, and three guys who sell Kabobs outside Madison Square Garden. And congrats Knickerbockers! You may sell a lot of new #6 jerseys, but you won't be raising any banners into the rafters. It's like the Patrick Ewing era all over again.

MLB Regular Season-
I'm sick of this too. The Cubs bring new meaning to the term "epic suck." And it's not because they are 10 games under .500, because fans in Kansas City and Phoenix would kill for that. It's because they are a team that clearly lacks drive and sticktuitiveness. Take that Peter King, I can make up words too. I haven't seen a whole lot of effort out of the team. They need changes and need them quick. But there is no reason to do them this year. They are on pace to win about 70 games this year. So why not go young and get rid of some vets next off season. Hell, if you can get value at this trade deadline you need to do it. But they will continue to be bad into next year. And I'll still watch. Because I'm a special type of masochist.

Movies-
Went above and beyond the fiance duty and saw Eclipse over the weekend. Good news is it is better than it's predecessors. Bad news is I would still choose death by disembowelment over watching it again. Also caught Toy Story 3 again on the cheap Monday morning. Still fantastic, and since I had already seen it I tried to take a keen eye to the little things. Like when the toys move a xylophone and the keys continue to reverberate long after they made their noise. Little things like that show why Pixar is the one and only foolproof movie studio in Hollywood.

Vacation-
Heading off on vacation this Friday. Going east for a wedding and staying in a cottage in Cape Cod, MA for a week. Looking forward to our Day in Boston to see Fenway Park, Harvard Square, Old North Church, etc. I absolutely love Washington D.C., so I'm sure I will love history-rich Boston as well. Want to check out the Cheers restaurant as well. If only to buy an over-priced pint glass. I'll have updates and pictures from the eastern seaboard in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment