Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guh....

Over the last 48 hours I have experienced my first ever spat with food poisoning. I truly would not wish it on my worst enemies. So moral of the story is, unless I'm eating sushi at a reputable restaurant, fish gets cooked til it has no flavor and resembles a brick.

In other news, I am rather excited about Kick-Ass which comes out this Friday. The movie is based on a graphic novel (aren't they all) about everyday people becoming super heroes. The flick has Nicholas Cage, which means it is going to be campy and over the top. But it was adapted and directed by the guy who made Layer Cake, which I highly recommend you go watch. That stars Daniel Craig, in pre-Bond mode, and Sienna Miller. It was very cool, and the director clearly has his own style and vision. So that is why I am excited.

It is getting decent reviews so far, but some people object with the content. Apparently the movie uses an 12 year-old girl as one of the heroes, and she basically shoots and kills adults. People have an issue with this, saying that youngsters will watch this and want to kill people. Once again, give me a damn break.

First off, the movie is rated R, as in no one under 17 allowed in without an adult. So if a kid gets into this movie, the parents are to blame. Secondly, I am sick and tired of people saying that just because people view things, they will instantly do what they saw. Yes, if you show young children certain things, they will do those things. But by some point, and I would guess it is around 16 or 17, people realize what they can do and can't do. And if they do get injured, or injure someone and try to justify it by saying they saw a movie or a video game, we should just kill them then. Because if a 16 or 17-year old can't tell the difference between fiction and reality, we have an entirely different problem.

So with that I am going to go see the movie this weekend, and probably laugh at a 12 year-old killing men in a comic-book movie. Does that mean I am going to run out and start taking people out? Probably not. Because I am not a 12 year-old girl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment