Friday, April 30, 2010

May Flowers....

As we roll into May, I just wanted to wrap up a few things from my last few weeks.

I did see Kick-Ass last weekend and completely enjoyed my experience. It is crass, calculated, and contemporary (how about that alliteration!).Visually I thought the movie was spectacular, especially a scene that was essentially an animated graphic novel. The action scenes involving gun play were unbelievable and the last time I was taken aback by a person to person action scene was Kill Bill Vol. 1 in 2004. Acting is pretty solid and I must say Nicholas Cage channeling Adam West is pretty entertaining, in a car crash way. It gets a solid grade from me but not for the little ones. And as I would have guessed as I walked into the theater sitting smack dab in the middle was a father and what appeared to be his 7ish year-old son. Terrible parenting. I could never be a movie ticket taker. Because when a parent and their young child came up to me I would berate the "Adult" for making such an awful choice. Take your kid to How to Train Your Dragon, and when they hit puberty they can watch a movie called Kick-Ass.

I have fallen in love with Party Down. It is on Starz, but is on Netflix streaming and it is awesome. It is full of a cast of "Oh, that guy/girl" stars. Adam Scott is rocketing up my favorite actor list with fantastic turns in Party Down, Eastbound & Down, and who could forget his epic portrayal of Griff, on Boy Meets World. The show simply follows people who work parties in California. Absolutely love it, and I am a sucker for half-hour comedies streaming live on Netflix. you can rip through a season in a few days.

And I am rather excited to see Iron Man 2. If only for Mickey Rourke's Russian accent. If the trailers are any indication, it could be the worst Russian accent since John Malkovich's Teddy KGB from Rounders. "It ez my cluuub and I zwill splish ze pot venever ze fuck I pleeeeze."

2 comments:

  1. chik, chik, chik that is all he doez. Kidz got aleegatur blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicholas Cage is easily my favorite part of that film. And the Duke Nukem throw-back scene, absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete