Monday, June 14, 2010

Pulling Up the Bootstraps.....

This guy just purchased a big-boy TV for his living room. Sad to say that this is the highlight of my past couple weeks, but it is truly awesome. We only have basic cable, so we don't get any HD channels except for the networks. But I feel an upgrade is coming soon. According to our landlord we can pay like $20 for an extra box and then like $20 a month to get all HD channels. To which I say, you've got yourself a god damn deal landlord.

Needless to say I am excited. The jump from a 27 inch box TV to a 40 inch flat screen is rather remarkable. It is big and powerful (that's what she said). And I truly never knew what I was missing gaming wise until booting up my games on this guy. The XBOX 360 comes in crystal clear on 1080p resolution.

I highly suggest it. I realize they are a little pricey, but I seriously just got a 40 inch Sony flat screen with an extended 2-year warranty for less than $800. Reasonable enough. I'm not using it for anything fancy right now, but so far the games and DVDs for that matter look spectacular.

And I get to go to Target Field tomorrow for my first official game. It is supposed to rain a crap load tonight and tomorrow, so I'm hoping for some divine intervention to lay off on the wet stuff. Looking forward to some inter league action. If you would have told me 2 years ago that the only games I would see this year were Cubs/Rangers in Texas and Twins/Rockies in Minneapolis, I would have slapped you. Still looking for cheap Twins garb, because I don't have any yet. That's right, I will be the guy at the game, playing it neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment