Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's All About the Weiner.....

I keep reading stories about New York Congressman Anthony Weiner and can't help but shake my head. Seriously guy, what are you doing? Ever heard of the Internet? It tracks everything. Since I am a guy, that is the first thing I think about. Him getting caught. How could you be so dumb? In the grand scheme of things that is nowhere near as terrible as the actual sexual harassment that took place. Women view him as vile and disgusting, where men see him as just being a dope. But I truly want to touch on a whole other issue with this story.

And that is the fact that the guy thought he was powerful enough to get away with it all. If anyone I knew did this, they would be (properly) fired immediately. But since he is a politician, he is going to try and tough it out and brave the storm. That will not happen. He will be resigning shortly, you can buy your tickets for that one. It boggles my mind that politicians continue to try and "cover" things up. Did they never take a class in PR? Or watch any scandal ever? More often than not you can comeback from something if you are honest. If Weiner did this, fessed up, and then resigned immediately he would get a TV show and a book deal and anything else he wants. Instead he is going to get buried. Sure he will be back, but it will be longer than had he been truthful.

Maybe it's because I have never been so punch-drunk with power, but I can't even fathom thinking I could get away with what he did. And that bugs me. Because kids and teenagers get ripped for thinking their invincible. But they think that way because they don't know any better. People in power think they are invincible, because they are told they are better. And that is a mindset that needs to change.

Also need to say that everybody cheats. Plumbers? They cheat. CEOs? They cheat. Librarians? They cheat. So let's stop acting so surprised when someone in power does something like this. They are not better than us. Because it's our shock and awe response that fuels their power.

1 comment:

  1. Since when has sending pictures of your dong to women become uncool? I'm not certain I like the world we live in...

    ReplyDelete