Friday, December 12, 2008

Delicious Pollo...

I headed down to Whitewater Thursday night to catch up with Jeff and Lane. It took some effort, but we got Lane to join us for dinner. I love those guys and am glad to call them a couple of my best friends from my college times. I think its because Jeff is 24, I am 23 and Lane is 21 that we get along so well. We have the same interests, but a different outlook and approach to everything. I love those guys like brothers.

We had some delicious burritos at La Tienda. It is by far the best place to eat in Whitewater and know one knows about it. That's fine by me.

It's funny how you graduate from high school or college or whatever and your relationships change with everyone. Those are guys I hung out with everyday for 3 years, and then boom, I see them maybe once a month. We grab food, catch up, talk sports, shoot the shit, and then part ways. I guess that's just how it is when you transition into a different phase of your life. You leave those behind who mean a lot, but you know you will see them again someday.

The only real relationship I have that has not changed is the one with Kristi. It has been steady and essentially the same for almost 6 years. However, the impending move tells me that will change. But I have faith that the change is for the better, and a new exciting part of my life will unfold

In a completely unrelated note, I listened to the Bears game on the way home. They won, but I don't seem to enjoy a broadcast as much as I did before. Instead of focusing on the game, I tend to treat it like a homework assignment. I take notes so I can make myself better. Maybe that's a sign of that maturity thing everyone always told me about.

No comments:

Post a Comment