Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Milk was a Bad Choice....

I wish I was smart enough to come up with funny things on my own, but it's been so ball-busting hot the last few days that I gave up. You know what my perfect temperature is? 58 degrees. Why you ask? Because you can wear shorts and a sweatshirt at the same time. Any other temperature is bush league. If I had to pick i would lean toward cold. And anyone who says they love it when it is 95 needs to have their head examined. Last time I checked, you can put as many clothes on as you want when it is cold. When it's hot, you have a finite number of clothes to remove. And let's be honest, walking around naked may feel awesome, but at some point some Buzz Killington is going to ask you to put clothes back on. Especially if that someone is me. If you saw me with out clothes you would be blinded by the brightness of a thousand moons. You would think I shower with handfuls of Mr. Clean.

I finished up high school baseball season with a trip to the state tournament to cover Lakeside Lutheran. It was a long day since I left home at 6:30 AM and got home at 11:30 PM with 6 hours of driving sandwiched in there. With that said, it was a great experience. The worst part was the actual game since Lakeside got Marinoed and lost 13-0. However, the facility up there is first class and all the people couldn't have been nicer. I was in some good company with all the local news guys, most notably Jay Wilson. Wilson is a demi-god in Madison circles because he has been a local sportscaster for nearly 30 years. Got to shake his hand, and all-in-all he was a great guy. I felt like I actually belonged, and it was a good time.

Vegas is just about two weeks away. In two weeks, I'll be driving up to Minneapolis and then flying to Nevada on July 8th. It's going to be a great trip and I can only hope it will live up to my expectations. Sure we won't be staying in a villa or gambling with more than $100, but something tells me we will live it up. God knows you can still kill strippers in Las Vegas without spending a dime.

Lastly, it's time to weigh in on Jon & Kate, or as I call them Kate McBitchypants & Jon Von Doesn'tgiveashit. These two filed for divorce and essentially are leaving their kids in limbo. They have 8 kids and they are the ones who will take the brunt of the pain that comes with a divorce. I feel bad for them. But you ask yourself, what good could come from this situation? I think the best thing would be for all 8 of them to become drugged out hippies who are pregnant/impregnating others and on welfare by the time they're 18. Then maybe douchey parents will learn that when they want to become famous and they do it at their kids' expense, it is the kid that suffers. Honestly, how many parents are going to ruin their children by rushing them into the limelight? So it's time for kids to fight back. If your parents are going to try and mess you up, then you fight fire with fire, and show them how truly effed up you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment