Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesdays with Zach....

It's Tuesday, and that means I don't have a whole lot to do at work. I am prepping for an awesome drive to Chilton to do a high school baseball playoff game. It's nearly 2 hours away and kind of a pain, but ultimately I love doing games. I seriously think I could sit and announce the 7 year-old girls badminton championships and still have a blast. It is my love of sports, and the thought that announcing games is the coolest job ever. It is a bunch of work to prep, get stats, talk to coaches, and interview players. But to me, it doesn't seem like work, and for that I am happy I have found something I love to do. Even if it is on a super small scale.

One month from now I will be in Las Vegas with Kristi and I couldn't be more excited. It's been a long story and road to get to this point, but we are going and it will be awesome. I've never been there and have a feeling I am in for a treat. Chances are I will be overwhelmed, but it should be a great time.

Two-fold with that thought, I viewed The Hangover this weekend. It was pretty damn awesome. Zach Galifinakis is getting all of the credit, but I think I enjoyed the other two leads better. Ed Helms plays a great straight man and his speech at the end is fantastic. And what can I say about Bradley Cooper. I mean the guy was Sack freaking Lodge. Enough said. I am going to go see it again this weekend, because I missed a bunch the first time around. All in all, probably a nine, and the most fun I've had in a theatre since The Dark Knight on IMAX.

Lastly, people in the news are getting their comeuppance, and I love it. I am not a spiteful, vengeful person but when you see people who deserve to get the shaft finally get it, there is nothing better. Three Examples:

Barry Bonds - His wife of 11 years filed for divorce this week. What took her that long? If he treats her the same way he treats the media, I just assume she lives in a cardboard box behind his mansion. Oh don't you worry he's a loving guy. Between the roid rage and shrunken jewels, he brings her a raw steak and a roofie colada at least once a week.

Heidi Montag(or Pratt or Skankweasel or whatever the hell her name is) - She was taken to a hospital because she was tortured by executives at NBC. Really? Tortured? I know any network will go to lengths to get ratings, but real torture? You know what's torture? Watching your life unfold in the public eye. Your privileged life, your wedding, your shit-show of a music career. That's torture. I would rather spend time in a Vietnamese prison with bamboo shoots under my nails and a car battery hooked to my testicles than watch a full episode of The Hills.

Bret Michaels - A Stage Malfunction broke his nose at the Tony awards on Sunday. My first thought after reading the article was: The Tony's? I thought Bret was too busy banging (attention and legitimate) whores on his Bus of Love. Or as it was originally titled: How Many People Can You Impregnate in a Motor Home? The only way this story gets any better is if he had actually been decapitated on live national television.

1 comment:

  1. It's about time I got filled in on your life. I'm down to see the Hangover again with you over the weekend as well, that was legitimately one of the funniest movies I've ever viewed. I'll be in Vegas Aug.1-4, you going to be there around that time?

    ReplyDelete