Thursday, April 9, 2009

Razz-Ma-Tazz....

I honestly wish I could have lived in the 1980's. I've read enough and seen enough movies about the time period to realize it was a pretty cool time. This feeling was only made deeper with my viewing of Adventureland this past Saturday.

It was an extremely funny movie with a fantastic location. As much as the characters drove the story, the era they lived in and the location they were at were the true shining stars. I wish there were more scenes at the amusement park because it is a great locale for a story.

I enjoyed the casting to the movie. Jesse Eisenberg was fantastic as a recent college grad with no true direction. He plays dorky, awkward, cool, and depressed all at the same time. In an act off I truly believe he would whoop Michael Cera's ass. That's right I went there Superbad lovers. If you want more Eisenberg go rent The Squid and the Whale. It's a bizzare film from a few years ago with Jeff Daniels. Really good stuff.

I have no problem with Kristen Stewart. Sure she plays the same role in every movie, but here it just plain worked. She was full of angst, and liquor, and weed, and depression, and she was a good character.

Bill Hader was fantastic as usual and everyone other member of the cast was pretty good. The music kicked ass, especially in the way it was used. If it was 1987 and you worked at a theme park, chances are you would hear Rock Me Amedeus 12 times a day. It's called subteldty and experience, people. Just because there wern't pictures of penises or people throwing up on each other doesn't mean it wasn't funny. It was hilarious and a movie I will consider picking up on DVD,

9/10 Overall

No comments:

Post a Comment