Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A New Record.....

I set a new record with this post, two consecutive days of the shenanigans from my head. If I had enough ambition I would try to be a professional blogger, because giving your opinions while sitting in your underpants is a lot cooler than choking them down while sitting in an office.

Before I get to my real topic of the day, let's take a trip on the crazy train express known only as the tangents in my head. I heard a person cough today, and I for whatever reason said "bless you." I kind of thought it was a sneeze, but I just said it anyways. And here is what transpired next. They had the audacity to respond, "I coughed. That was not a sneeze. You only say bless you after a sneeze." I was floored. First off, who the eff are you to tell me whether I can say "bless you" or not. I'm being nice, I don't have to be. I could say, "Stop coughing you douche." I was nice, and I think it takes quite a bit to chastise somebody for giving a pseudo-compliment.

Secondly, who decided that it was only acceptable to say "bless you" after a sneeze. Is it the whole sneeze stops your heart thing? Because that is ludicrous. Is it because a sneeze is involuntary? Because that is dumb. You can't control coughs, just like you can't control sneezing. So from here out I'm saying something when people cough. It may not be bless you, but I will acknowledge it. So take that Mr. Man, you can't hold me down.

My real thought was that this nonsense over the SNL f-bomb needs to stop. So she said it, big deal. The sketch had the words frickin' and freakin' at least 100 times in 3 minutes. She slipped up once because it was bound to happen. I blame the writers for coming up with it because any human person if you have them say frickin' 100 times is going to say the gold standard at least once. They should feel fortunate that she only said it once. And it's not that big a deal, because words do not pollute the minds of children. Adults pollute the minds of children with their radical ideas and need to censor their kids from everything.

So people need to back off and embrace f-bombs on live TV, because they are hilarious. I was watching the show, and as always laughed when it was said. Just as I did when Lee Corso yelled it for some reason on College Gameday. It's always funny, especially when it's that news guy in New York. Remember America, keep fuckin' that chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment