Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Weekly Round-up....

Man, pop culture, isn't it grand? It gives morons like me so much to talk about, and in the end none of it truly matters. So here are some deep thoughts on who is in the news.

Kanye West - This guy will never go away. He has done stupid things in the past and he will do stupid things in the future. He was super drunk at the MTV awards show and cut off Taylor Swift. Which only would have been better had he cut her off while she was singing. It's been blown out of proportion, just like all his other outbursts. So get over it and try to understand the truly bizarre thing of that evening. Why was MTV awarding statues for videos it never shows and knows nothing about. That would be like having the Noble Peace Prize ceremony held at my house and hosted by Big Bird.

Patrick Swayze - The Hollywood wheel of death 2009 continues to go around and this one came as no surprise. Swayze was flat-out awesome. Road House remains one of the coolest movies of the 1980's and Donnie Darko, as most of you know, is one of my all-time favorites. Not to mention him starring in the funniest SNL sketch of the 90's. I will ever have embedded in my brain the images of him and Farley doing the Chippendale's dance off. "After a long and tough deliberation, we're going to go with Adrian," is still one of the funniest things they have done. So RIP, and my deepest condolences to your family and friends.

NFL Football - It's back, plain and simple. The Bears had a truly shit-kicker week. 4 picks by the new QB and the heart of the defense goes down on Week 1. Ouch. Either way, the NFL both sports wise and production wise blows every other sport off the water. And that will become truly apparent when the collective bargaining agreement ends and there is a work stoppage next year.

The Box Office - What is the matter with the general public? Why do they go see terrible movies? Are people really so stupid that they enjoy seeing a movie about a mall cop? Or a horror movie about an escalator that eats people? Or another GD Tyler Perry movie about family values with cross-dressing 6 foot 6 black dudes? I mean seriously, I have my guilty pleasures, but damn The Final Destination has to be atrocious.

And that my friends is the weekly wrap-up. And oh yeah this marks the first week of new TV, and Thursday is going to be my sit around in my diaper day as comedy shows make me poop myself. Community with Joel McHale and Chevy Effing Chase on NBC at 8:30 and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on FX at 9. Watch both of these. You will thank me on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. For your information Final Destination was terrible, so terrible it was hilarious. I was the asshole laughing at supposedly serious, or frightening situations.

    ReplyDelete