Monday, September 28, 2009

Too Much Good Stuff....

This weekend has given me fodder for an entire week of rambling and yelling. And to that I say thank you Mr. Weekend.

I rented two movies this weekend and watched them by myself, because I'm awesome. The first was Vanilla Sky, which was quite possibly the most bizarre thing I have ever watched. A bunch of dream sequences interspersed with real life and then more dream and more life. However, the performances were decent, including Cameron Diaz (that's right I said it!). She was utterly terrifying as a stalker turned psycho. And proof once again that you never, ever cheat on a woman, because she will most definitely put you in a coma. Kudos as well to Jason Lee, who played the best friend. Guy can flat out act, and I wish he did more serious movies. Instead he does Alvin & the Chipmunks 3: Simon has Rabies.

The second film was Insomnia, which despite having Al Pacino and being directed by Christopher Nolan, I had never seen. It was pretty standard, nothing too special so I was a tad disappointed. However, Robin Williams was the supposed bad guy and didn't show up until mid way through the movie. Yet, he was billed as second star. If you have a movie like this don't tell me he's in it, because I most certainly know he is the bad guy since I haven't seen him yet. More movies need to be like Seven and do the whole Kevin Spacey mind effer thing.

Needless to say, I was a little spooked from being home alone in a house and watching these two movies in the dark. And there was a car parked outside the house from 9 to 11 PM with no one in it. I checked again, because I was sure it was Cameron Diaz looking to kill me, and it was gone. I was creeped out and like a little child, I grabbed my baseball bat from the garage and had it in my room as I slept. And that's when I was robbed and beaten. Just kidding, but seriously, I am a little girl.

And it is that nature that is preventing me from seeing Paranormal Activity at Eastgate this week. It's supposed to be freaky, and only cost $11,000 to make. Paramount has put it out on only 12 screens and one happens to be 5 minutes from my house. So I want to check it out, but will not go by myself. Reasons being:
1.) I don't want to look like a weirdo
2.) I don't want to look like a no-friend having loser
3.) If I am going to soil myself in public I would rather have a friend make fun of me than a stranger. So if I see it you will get a recap.

I have plenty of ammo on Saturday Night Live, this week in the NFL, and new television. These will all be shared at later dates this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'll watch that piece of garbage with you if you feel so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Well I've decided not to see it, because any movie I've ever seen based off internet hype was just okay. And this looks like it has the potential to make me very angry that I spent 10 bucks to go see it. But thanks for the offer. It's 10 more bucks I can spend somewhere this weekend where they bring me pizza and beer while I watch football...

    ReplyDelete