Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bangerangalastic...

Two posts in as many days. That's right kiddos, Zach is back in the groove. Unfortunately though, not a whole lot to write about. I write about the things I know. Sports, movies, food, rants, etc. So if you come here expecting more, (and I know my followers don't) that's too bad.

Time for some clean-up on random things from the past week. I did watch Paranormal Activity, or lets just say I watched the first 20 minutes, was bored to tears, fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes, and still knew what was going on. Absolutely nothing happened for nearly 100 minutes of screen time. How is that possible. I can see how it would have been a touch scarier in a dark theater at midnight showings, but that wouldn't have made it any more engaging. Just truly awful stuff. Movies that do nothing walk a fine line with me. The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time, and nothing truly happens. However, Lost in Translation, Napoleon Dynamite, and now Paranormal Activity are on the list of movies where nothing happened and I couldn't stand it. Seriously, putting a camera on me at work and watching me type and create PowerPoint's could be more exciting than these movies.

My to-see list:
Up in the Air (Love me some Clooney)
Crazy Heart (Love me some Bridges)
Shutter Island (Love me some Leo and awesome fackin' Bawhston accents)

Sushi is freaking awesome. We ventured to Fugi Ya in Uptown and after slapping aside some Yuppies to get through the door, the night was fantastic. Meal was absolutely delicious and sushi truly does fill you up. Had some yellow tail, crab, and salmon. I think the real reason I like sushi is because I love raw cucumbers and avocados. And they seriously are in like every roll this place made. Love me some happy hour prices as well for both food and bevi. Japanese beer and lots of sushi? Yar betcha.

2 comments:

  1. I maintain that Lost in Translation is good movie, not great, but good. I love me some Bill Murray in serious roles. He accurately portrays the more depressing and accessible human emotions better than most. Scarlett Johanssen I could do without, and 1/4 of the scenes are unnecessary, but overall it is pretty good. The movie probably didn't deserve as much hype as it got but still, Bill Murray is utterly fantastic. Love the blogging buddy. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second On Rye because Bill Murray is the balls in that movie. I just ate sushi for the first time last week and thought it was bomb as well, especially with the spicy mayo the place had. I fucking told you to just fast forward to the last ten minutes of Paranormal CRAPTIVITY. I was laughing at most of the shit during that thing.

    ReplyDelete