Monday, January 25, 2010

Ridonkulicious...

That's right kids. The amount of money that Avatar is making requires that I make up an adjective for it. As of this weekend it has made $553 million in the US, and about $1.8 billion world-wide. I would look it up, but that number has to rival some countries GDP. Either way it is an obscene amount of money. Doesn't hurt James Cameron that they charge extra for 3-D and IMAX showings. My take though is that the movie is very cool, thoroughly engaging, and a two-and-a-half hour eye-gasm. So kudos James, now go sit on your gold plated toilet and celebrate the being the owner of the 2 highest grossing films of all-time. Unbelievable...

Working is going very well and I really enjoy my job. Things are different everyday and it is a very welcome change from my old gig that was the same 5 things over and over again everyday.

Wedding plans are in motion and most of the important things are set. We have the date, officiant, ceremony site, and reception site. The rest is the filler details, which will certainly be difficult to all piece together. Lucky for me, my better half is really good at putting these things together and so far there have been no terrible arguments. Disagreements sure, but nothing that has driven us up a wall or had me grabbing for a knife.

Lastly, we purchased a netflix subscription and it is fantastic. You get to pick what you want and they just send the discs to you, how simple. And the big plus is the on-demand items you can watch straight on your computer. We started to watch the first season of Weeds and we were hooked. We watched the first two seasons (22 episodes, 30 minutes each) in a week. And now wait for the third season to come. I wish I would have invented netflix, because that man should be given a silver dollar.

2 comments:

  1. Weeds falls apart after the 3rd season, so watch out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the first season of Weeds, and I have to say, the kid swearing all the time was a bit much for me-but otherwise it was very enjoyable as I watched the entire season in one night...getting to bed at 4:30am...which ironically is the same time I work these days.

    ReplyDelete