Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crushing, Male Edition....

I was stricken with the stomach flu this weekend, but that didn't stop me from doing two important things. I watched as many basketball games as possible and I went and saw I Love You, Man. The games were fantastic and the movie was even better.

Everyone knows my love for Paul Rudd and he finally got his own movie where he was the top-billed star. He was hilarious and brought his brand of quirky humor. It's what we saw in Clueless, The 40-year old Virgin, and Friends. Hell, he's the only reason I watched that god-forsaken television program. He plays awkward to a t, so much so that you actually feel bad for him and your stomach turns every time he opens his mouth.

His chemistry with Jason Segel is amazing. They seem like two dudes you would just want to hang out with. The like ability factor for the pair is out of this world. They meet, they break-up, they reunite and through it all they make us laugh. I was a big fan of the James Bond posing sequence as well as the billboard montage.

However, I do have some criticisms. The secondary cast was not used well. They were there for the cheap laughs, and I just wished there was more of them. J.K. Simmons, Jane Curtain, Andy Samberg, Jaime Pressley, and Jon Favreau were underutilized and could have made the movie much better. I also wished the story was a little stronger. At times it seemed like they were just stringing together ad-lib scene after ad-lib scene.

None the less the movie was extremely enjoyable. Not surprisingly, my blog has turned into a movie review center.

Overall:
7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment